Club and Society :
Joining a club or society is a great way to keep fit and mentally stimulated and enjoy a well deserve break from study. There is a elaborate structure of club and societies at MIET, whose primary motive is to install the sprit of creativity in students. These club and societies was founded with the field of music, dramatics, debating quizzing and other such activities. Over the years following clubs and societies are functioning :-
1) Literary club: Odyssey and Quazar is meant to promote literary activities amongst the students as well as to prepare and arrange for publication of Magazine for the collage.
2) Culture Club: Sanskriti is functioning to development the students’ musical talent and other cultural activities.
3) Dramatic club: Abinay focus to present theatrical performances and variety shows etc which exploit and develop musical and historic talent of the students.
4) Art club: Rainbow provides the opportunity to the students to showcase their talent of creativity and imagination in the field of Fine Art and Modern Art.
5) Hostel Welfare Committee Sankalp: It is working for the welfare and wellbieng of the hostel environment. This year they have organized “No Smoking campaign” in the hostel successfully.
6) Debating club: Students are encouraged to run debating clubs themselves as that betters communication skills and brings confidence in their personality.
7) Dramatics Club: Student also manage this club themselves which not only improves their body language but gives force to their personality.
8) Music Club: The institute has a well equipped music club with a music teacher and number of instruments that are provided by the Institute. This is a great stress buster for our student and it needs no saying that after hard day’s work, music soothes their nerve and refreshes them in no time.
9) Aerobic Club: Institute also runs an Aerobic Club for students where an instructor is called to teach aerobic exercises. This clubs enjoys vast popularity among girl students.
10) Honour Court: Institute runs a unique program where students who show exemplary behavior and discipline, and are focused and excel in academics as well as in bonafide hobbies, are role models for others act as catalysts to steer fellow students on a good path that leads to success
11) Departmental Society: The department of EC-EI, SCE-IT, BT CH, ME have engineering societies in which the teachers and students of the concerned department are members. These societies are mainly meant to build up a good academic atmosphere by organizing lectures by outside speakers and also by the members of the societies. The members also take up modeling work organizing seminars, quiz and other competitions. These societies are publishing department level magazine as follows:
Department of MCA : VISTA
Department of Biotechnology : Biotaction
Department of CSE and IT : WIT
Department of EC and EI : Electrocom