Central library is an essential component of MIET research and education mission. The library has a well-rounded collection of 107039 volumes of books divided into 12230 titles. These include textbooks, foundation books and books on subsidiary readings. It is a three floor library about 1351.56 sqmtr of carpet area and is capable of accommodating 470 students at a time to carry out any kind academic activity such as reading books and journals.
The library has wide collection of latest books and journals. It has subscription to various national and international journals in print besides a large number of e-journals through IEEE, Springer, ASME, ASCE, J-Gate, EBSCO, Bentham, Nature and Scientific American. Library has the latest books, journals and CD-ROM on Biotechnology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Humanities and Social Sciences.
1. Users entering the library, the gate register is to be signed and the identity card shown at the entry point.
2. Personal effects such as books, bags, mobile phones and printed matter, other than library books must not be brought inside the library.
3. Students book is returned in damaged condition, the borrow will be held responsible for its replacement by a sound copy. Book duly issued to members should be got checked at the exit point.
4. Special care should be taken so that library digital card and property token are not misplaced or lost. All losses should be reported to the librarian.
5. Library digital card are non-transferable.
1. Reference services - For the added benefit of students the library has established a reference section. It consists of two copies of all prescribed books in the courses of readings. These books are issued for consultation in the library and also for overnight use. About 3,168 books are housed in this section.
2. Reprography Services 3. Electronic Library - The library fully recognizes the importance of electronic media in the dissemination of knowledge. It has built up a lively collection of book CDs, journals and magazines CDs. It also has diskettes, audio cassettes and DVDs. Students have free of charge facility to read or write CDs. They may also borrow CDs for home use.
4. EDUSAT STUDIO - - The world’s first satellite dedicated to education was launched by ISRO in 2004. The Edusat equipped with 12 transponders each with a massive bandwidth of approximately 36 megahertz, beams lectures to 10,000 class rooms in technical universities and schools across the country. The lectures are delivered by specialists in the fields and broadcast live from a studio with an uplink facility. All the IITs- Bombay •IIT Delhi • IIT Guwahati •IIT Kanpur • IIT Kharagpur • IIT Madras • IIT Roorkee participate in its proramme for high technical education.
The MIET is the first engineering college in the State to have down linking facility for viewing this 24-hours channel. Its has set up a well equipped edusat studio with CD recording facility. A class of 60 students can use it at a time. Edusat is a virtual classroom of the future . Lecture transmission schedule is available in the studio and it is also displayed on notice boards in the institute.
1. The acquisition, organization and dissemination of library resources.
2. Support for the exploitation by users of the rich and diverse collections.
3. The development of highly motivated, knowledgeable and skilled staff.
4. The preservation and housing of the collection for future generations.
5. Developments in ICT will allow more sophisticated services to be offered and the growth in computer literacy and widespread use of computers by all groups of user will lead to expectations for more library services to be delivered directly to the desktop.
The main functions of the committee are to recommend developmental programs, to recommend purchase of books and journals in the library and to suggest improvements in library facilities so that students face no difficulty in the use of library resources.
Members of Library Committee:-
1. Dr. G. c. Baral -Chairman
2. Dr. A Subrahmanyam -Professor & Head Biotechnology
3. Dr. S. P. Gupta- Professor Pharmacy
4. Dr. M. Srinivasan- Professor & Head Electronics & Instrumentation
5. Professor Parmanand- Head Computer Science
6. Ms. Nidhi Gulati- Librarian
9:30 am. - 10:00 pm on week days
9:30 am. - 12:00 midnight during exam days
9:00 am. - 5:00pm. On off days
1. J-Gate Engineering click here for Journals Link: Link1 Link2
2. J-Gate Management click here for Journals Link: Link1 Link2
3. Elsevier Science Direct Engineering click here for Journals Link: Link1
4. Elsevier Science Direct Pharmacy click here for Journals Link: Link1
5. Elsevier Science Direct Biotechnology click here for Journals Link: Link1
6. EBSCO Management Sources click here for Journals Link: Link1
7. ASTM Digital Library
8. American Society of Mechanical Engineering ASME click here for Journals Link: Link1
9. IEEE click here for Journals Link: Link1
10 American Society of Civil Engineering ASCE click here for Journals Link: Link1
11. Springer Electronics, Electrical and Computer Science click here for Journals Link: Link1
12. McGraw-Hill/ Access Engineering Library click here for Journals Link: Link1
13. Bentham Pharmacy Collection click here for Journals Link: Link1
14. Nature / Scientific American